The AAP govt in Delhi has ear marked Rs 9,836 cr for Education, 106 per cent growth against last year, as Finance Minister Manish Sisodia presented its first general budget of Rs 41,129 cr for the year 2015-16 in Delhi assembly on Thursday.
The minister said: “Education is the first step towards prosperity, Money spent on education is not an expense but an investment.” Here are the highlights:
- Students will get two certificates after passing out Class 12 exam — one certificate on general education and another on ‘skill development’.
- Govt wants to make Delhi 100 per cent literate, and impart education which will help in improving someone’s life in future.
- The budget includes Rs 19,000cr for plan outlay and rest for non-plan outlay.
- Sisodia calls it nation’s first “Swaraj” budget, prepared by ‘Aam Aadmi’
- Every year 50 schools will be converted into model schools
- All schools to have CCTV cameras in each classroom
- Access to stadiums with nominal entry fee under “Pay and Play” scheme
- 20,000 teachers will be hired to maintain teacher-students ration
- Rs 20,000 compensation to farmers per acre due to crop loss
- Rs 1 cr ex-gratia to nearest kin of deceased from Delhi Police, home guards, Civil Defence Workers on duty
- Higher education loan of up to Rs 10 lakh without guarantee
- Rs 15,000 subsidy on purchase of e-rickshaw
- All DTC and cluster buses to have CCTV camera and marshalls for women’s security
- Six new corridors to build 117 km metro rail network under third phase expansion of DMRC
- Dy CM promises people will have picnic on Yamuna bank but it will take some time
- Rs 1090 cr earmarked for subsidies on water and electricity